Job Title: Program Manager and Deputy Project Manager
URi’s looking for Program Manager and Deputy Project Manager for an assignment with one our Government clients in the North East Cost. Please review details below and if you got the experience and qualifications, please submit your updated resume in MS-Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location:New York, NY
Assignment Start/End Date:ASAP – 12/28/2012
Duration of Project:10-12Months
1. Program Manager
See contents below. The content will be the same as Deputy Program Manager
2. Deputy Project Manager
General responsibilities include the identification, rationalization, monitoring and control of the inter dependencies between projects, dealing with escalated issues among the projects that comprise the program, as well as tracking the contribution of each project and the non-project work to the consolidated program benefits.”
The Program manager will coordinate efforts between the Integrated Project Team (IPT) Managers, providing an enterprise-wide perspective into the services throughout the GTO.
Below are some of the tasks the program manager must perform:
• Organizes, directs and managers contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex and inter-related project tasks
• Manages teams of contract support personnel at multiple locations
• Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization
• Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items
• Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs
• Requirement: PMP Certification
• Plan the program, ensuring maximum efficiency in resource allocation across projects
• Monitor its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action where necessary
• Define the program governance
• Manage the program budget
• Help with the appointment of individuals to the program team
• Ensure project deliverables are to time, quality, and budget
• Manage dependencies between projects
• Manage the program’s risks
• Constantly monitor for gaps in the program and rectify where possible
• Manage program communication
The job description below is split into 3 parts for easy understanding of the role of the Program Manager:
• Responsibilities: what duties to be performed on a daily basis.
• Behaviors: what behaviors must they exhibit.
• Experience: what past experience and qualifications do they require.
• Lead the program team: manage it, and motivate it as required. Coach and mentor the team
• Manage the program budget. Ensure that costs incurred are monitored against plans
• Plan the overall program from end-to-end. Monitor and report progress.
• Identify issues and initiate corrective action as necessary.
• Communicate regularly and effectively will GTO stakeholders, within the team, and within the organization.
• Take overall responsibility and ensure that the plan realizes benefits in the best way for GTO.
• Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple subtask areas with a goal of well-being of GSA Enterprise IT Portfolio. Approve the project plans of the project teams, negotiating work packages as required. Ensure the delivery of work packages within the set time, quality, and budget constraints.
• Manage and resolve dependencies between the functional areas of the program.
• Manage the program risks, and embed a risk management process into the program from the outset.
• Be responsible for program quality, and embed quality processes into the program from the outset.
• Report overall program status to the GTO steering group at regular intervals and on an ad-hoc basis.
• Responsible and accountable for deliverables from third-parties as necessary.
• Work closely with the Quality Assurance as necessary.
• Create and maintain the program plan, showing an integrated realization of the key deliverables of the program.
• Put in place the governance and operational working practices of the program team.
• Able to create a sense of community and shared direction amongst the disparate and diverse program team.
• Ability to build credibility, trust, and rapport with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside of the organization.
• A forward thinker who takes the initiative and identifies gaps in the program and makes recommendations.
• Ability to influence at all levels.
• A good listener.
• Proactive and sophisticated management of key stakeholders.
• A proactive communicator who will seek to communicate rather than wait to be asked. Proactive engagement within the organization to build awareness of the program.
• Result focused: always looking to maximize benefits for GSA GTO and minimize downside risk.
• A track record of delivering complex programs.
• Experience of working within, influencing within, and networking within a matrix environment.
• Conversant with project management methodologies and IT service management (ITIL) standards.
• Optional MBA.
• Optional program management qualification (PgMP or MSP, PMP).
• Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams.
• 10+ plus years industry experience, with a minimum of 5 years in project and/or program management.
• Experienced in leading large teams of 100+ people.