Job Title: Mid-Level/Senior System Administrator
URi’s looking for Junior System Administrator for an assigned with one our Government clients in New York City. Please review details below and if you got the experience and qualifications, please submit your updated resume and Cover Letter in MS-Word format using the form at the bottom of this page.
Title: Mid-Level/Senior System Administrator
Status: US Citizenship, Greed Card, EAD
Location: New York City
Assignment Start/End Date:ASAP
Duration of Project:Full Time
The Jr. Systems Administrator will assist the System Administrator in the installation, configuration, documentation, and maintenance of Client’s Server environment. This person will also sever as the backup for any system related administration and troubleshooting. This will include the administration of Client’s Active Directory, Virtual environment, SAN, and Windows Servers. He/she will also respond via the ticketing system and escalate accordingly. He/she will work closely with the System Administrator in any new initiatives by planning, documenting, testing, and rolling out new systems and applications.
This position will work on many client’s initiatives set by the senior staff of the department. He/she will ensure system environment stability, performance, and support for all main and secondary server environments.
1. Provide hands on support and maintenance of system servers under direct supervision of the Systems Administrator
– Installation, setup, maintenance
2. Provide high level Microsoft Active Directory administration and support
3. Responding “real-time” to all end-users help desk calls, email and walk in requests for technical assistance.
4. Determining priority and severity of trouble tickets, documenting trouble ticket into tracking system – Footprints and escalating to administrators or Directors as needed.
5. Support Systems Administrator on Client’s entire (data) server infrastructure.
– Includes the installation and management of all critical network services
– VMware Infrastructure
– EMC SANs
– Active Directory and GPO
– File and Print Services
– Exchange 2010
6. Support technician for all Citrix and Windows Terminal Servers and their related components
– Web portal
– ZEN Terminal Server Farm
7. Will help plan, install, document, and maintain of all Client’s Systems
– File services (DFS)
– Application services
– Printing Services
– Microsoft Systems Center
8. Assist in the day to day administration of Windows server systems, services, and applications
9. Support and Maintain Mac environment running MAC OS LION clients and server
– group policies,
– AD integration and services
1. Perform all duties of administering of Client’s systems, servers, and applications
2. Provide community with high level technical support and administration
3. Perform all duties of administering and engineering of programming languages, database, Student Information system, servers, and applications
4. Directs efforts of technicians who are involved in diagnosing and correcting system related failures and performing system management activities; determines logical solutions to complex system administration and application problems.
5. Documents all aspect of systems
6. A professional image is projected and maintained
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is required
– Any Microsoft, programming, or related technology certification is a plus
If you are interesting on this position, please submit your updated resume in MS-Word format using the following form: