Apple’s software updates for iOS introduce new features and improvements that let you do even more with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Updating the software on your device is easy. This article explains how to do it in five simple steps.
These Steps can be Implement on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
Update your device using iTunes
1. Ensure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
2. Connect your device to your computer using the included USB cable.
3. After iTunes opens, select your device when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
4. Click “Check for Update” in the Summary pane to check for available updates.
5. If an update is available, iTunes prompts you to download and install the update. Do not disconnect your device until the update has finished.
# Update your device wirelessly (available in iOS 5 and later)
Ensure that your device is backed up to iCloud or back up with iTunes before updating. Find more information about backing up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
If you experience an alert when updating your device, see this article about resolving update and restore alert messages.
Note: Some updates may require restoring the device. If this is necessary, iTunes will display an alert. Back up data before updating the device.
– If you update using the Mac or PC with which you normally sync, all iTunes content will be synced automatically after updating and restoring from backup.
– If you update using a Mac or PC you don’t normally sync with, only the content that is stored in the backup will be restored back to the device. Review what is stored in a backup before updating. To preserve iTunes media (such as music, videos, and photos) apply the update using the computer with which you normally sync. Otherwise, you will need to sync with the machine you normally use to recover this media.