Job Title: Mid-Level/Senior System Administrator
URi’s looking for Mid-level/Senior System Administrator for an assigned with one our Government clients in New York City. Please review details below and if you got the experience and qualifications, please submit your updated resume and Cover Letter in MS-Word format using the form at the bottom of this page.
Title: Mid-Level/Senior System Administrator
Status: US Citizenship, Greed Card, EAD
Location: New York City
Assignment Start/End Date:ASAP
Duration of Project:Full Time
The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The candidate must have the ability to think on his/her feet and employ a best-practices approach to issue resolution. The position will be responsible for multiple locations.
– Administer and maintain infrastructure as required to ensure uninterrupted availability of computer systems and local/wide area networks.
– Perform daily system monitoring, including review of logs, to verify the integrity of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
– Repair and recover from hardware or software failures including coordinating and communicating with management, vendors and impacted constituencies.
– Execute daily backup operations ensuring that all required data is successfully preserved on appropriate media and sent offsite in accordance with archival policies. Perform periodic tests to validate recoverability of data and conduct formal recoveries as needed.
– Provide support to satellite offices and remote users including diagnostics, installation, and repair.- Install/rebuild servers, routers, switches and hubs and configure services in accordance with standards and project or operational requirements.
– Create, administer, and manage user accounts.
– Upgrade and configure software in support of business applications.
– Perform security monitoring to identify and remediate possible intrusions.
– Provide periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
– Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing activities.
– Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
– Perform file archival and purging as necessary.
– Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
– Apply server patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
– Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
– Contribute to and maintain system standards.
– Provide Tier 2/3 support as needed.
– Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks including maintaining and upgrading administrative tools and utilities.
– Educate and mentor IT Help Desk support staff as needed.
– Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Education and Experience:
– Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field. Systems Administration or related certifications a plus.
– A minimum of 4 years in a fast-paced, multi-site, service oriented environment.
If you are interesting on this position, please submit your updated resume in MS-Word format using the following form: