Network Project Manager
Please review details below and if you got the experience and qualifications, please submit your updated resume in MS-Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also you can check other opportunities at:
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing contractors and sub-contractors supporting the client agency. This support requires 24/7 monitoring of critical infrastructure, hardware, software, and cyber-security. The Network PM will be responsible for monitoring the health of circuits and providing timely and accurate notification of a service disruption to appropriate personnel. The Network PM will track progress of troubleshooting efforts, engaging the vendors, as well as invoking escalation. All issues and outages shall be carefully documented in the ticketing system with appropriate customer follow up. The Network PM will be responsible for maintaining watch schedules and ensuring coverage 24/7.
Provide real-time network monitoring and network incident management support. Unified network fault, availability, and performance monitoring to minimize network downtime and increase network performance.
This includes location of a monitoring facility if required. Monitoring is envisioned to encompass all enterprise information technology components, to include but not limited network components, network security systems, VoIP systems, VTC and video streaming systems, UPS systems, power and environmental for LAN closets/data centers, and IT infrastructure servers. The proposal needs to be scalable and dynamic to allow for adding monitored components during the contract period, such as potential additions of building automation systems, energy metering systems, physical access control systems, infrastructure back-office applications, etc.
Provide a contiguous, end-to-end, service delivery model governed by well-defined key performance indicators. Interface with blended-workforce elements, third-party contracted service providers and industry partners. Develop a balance between delivering tactical support (operations and maintenance) and strategic support (development, modernization and enhancement) that achieves operational and cost efficiencies while positioning stakeholders and their respective business lines to fulfill their missions.
Network PM will:
Perform Network design/scoping/deployment/implementation/integration.
Project assessment/management: LAN/WAN, VPN, Voice over IP, Business Intelligence. Identifies/Resolves all outstanding issues/Supervises/Directs subcontractor completion of Service/Warranty items.
Manage hardware Life-cycle/value proposition/vendor negotiation/compliance/ implementation.
Network PM will also be developing metrics for client management, and briefing the Program manager and client management when necessary on major issues.
Serve as the owner of Network and Infrastructure Access Services
• Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
• Supports Design, building, implementing and maintaining network systems
• Operating System (OS) upgrades and Image management
• EITM suite of automated tools or other designated tool offering (e.g., Cloud services).
EITM shall be used for all support to include; consolidated IT Service Desk, Asset Management, Request Fulfillment, Configuration Management Database, and Client Management.
• Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance
o Troubleshoots network performance issues
o Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions
• Be an expert in the Network and Infrastructure Access Service technology space, aligning service capability with business need
• Data Centers / Green IT support – providing Facilities management, Operations Management through green data center practices through monitoring of meter outputs
• Enterprise IT Lab
• Partner with leadership, business teams and process owners to define, measure, analyze, design, test and implement Access Service Solutions
• Coordinate internal and external communications, drive issue resolution, manage vendor relationships / contracts, oversee implementation and testing, formalize and document training plans
• Drive project management excellence through lean six sigma initiative
• Managing all phases of the project life cycle, and meeting time/budget expectations
• ITIL Framework – shall support the use of the ITIL framework for all government facilities so that the annual certification report indicates ITIL v3 capability
• Manage/Remediate security, risk and compliance related issues / concerns
• Provide Security Support, Security Controls Support
• FISMA Support
• System Patching Support
• Automated software deployment
• Directory Management Services
• Automated identity management improvement
• LAN Services
• WAN Connectivity and WAN Support
• Virtualized Infrastructure Support
• Server Infrastructure Support
• Storage Infrastructure support- Includes SAN/NAS
• Infrastructure Improvements
• responsible for all rack space management in all designated data centers
• EITM framework maintenance and enhancements
• Fault Alerts/ Notifications
• Manage budget(s) and lead planning sessions
• Responsible for people management and salary planning
• Special event and conference support – Provide event and conference support where on-site IT assistance is required to include: audio/video services, cyber-café, presenter podium equipment and associated conference/event presentation peripherals.
Qualification/Certification & Experience Required
• Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education
• technical training
• 8-10 years of related project management experience
• 5+ years of directly related experience supporting network operations in broader IT field such as application development, infrastructure management, or related technical fields in addition to experience in Security technologies
• Must possess knowledge of Standard Federal Government network environment
• Network performance simulation modeling
• Adhere to Data Center Green IT practices
• Knowledge of SharePoint, Domino, Mobile (Blackberry), VMWare,
• Conversant with Firewalls, switches and other security related HW
• ITIL V3 Certification
Qualification/Certification & Experience Preferred
• Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
• six sigma certification
• Familiarity with IEEE 802.x standards
• Familiarity with protocol analyzers and Network Problem diagnosis
• CCNA and/or MCSE preferred